Upload your Essay
CPI rider entries Grades 8th through 12th are qualified to participate.
Entry Deadline: The Entry Deadline for the Essay Contest is November 15, 2012. The essay topic will be posted on the website on September 1, 2012, allowing two months time for riders to submit their essay.
Award: $1,500 to the winning essay. The award will be paid to a college, university, trade school or vocational school. Upon enrollment to any of these post-secondary educational schools, a written request from the award winner must be made for payment to the designated school.
If you could live anywhere in the world (fictional or real) where would it be and why?
Essay submissions will be judged on style, grammar, and creativity. The judging committee is comprised of professors, school administrators and business professionals. Essays are evaluated in a blind three-round judging process. Winners' names are unknown to the judges until after the contest results are finalized.
To avoid disqualification, essays must include a cover sheet with the following information, (please DO NOT put your name on any of the pages of the essay, only on the cover sheet):
- Name and Address
- Email address (parent or rider)
- Your current grade level
- Essay must be no fewer than 700 and no more than 1,500 words in length, and double-spaced.
- Essay must be submitted online or postmarked by November 15, 2012 no later than 11:59 PM, Eastern Standard Time.
- Essay must be the work of the entrant. Plagiarism will result in disqualification.
- Decisions of the judges are final.
- All entries become the property of the CPI and will not be returned.
- Winner will be notified at the end of the CPI show.
- Contest winner agrees to allow the CPI to post his or her name on any of the CPI's affiliated websites.
Winner will be solely responsible for any federal, state or local taxes.
Upload your essay by clicking here; essays must be in WORD. You will receive a message confirming your submission.
Please use the following username and password to access this area. It is case sensitive. WHEN YOU SIGN IN, PLEASE SELECT "REMEMBER PASSWORD" OR YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO SUBMIT YOUR ESSAY!!!
PLEASE NAME YOUR DOCUMENT YOUR NAME For example: AndreaThompson.docx
Please do not submit duplicate essays.